1. I am excited (yet petrified) about starting this blog!! Any tips or requests or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcomed!!
2. My favorite color is pink. I love all shades of pink! My first license plate was PNK4EVR (pink forever; not punk forever. . . even though this was in the early 80’s!!) My school laptop has a pink cover & keyboard, I have a pink water bottle, pink iPad case, pink book bag . . . you get the picture. .
3. I do not watch TV. . . haven't since 1998. I know this sounds weird and unbelievable, yet true. I DO like movies, although I don’t have much time (or patience) to sit & watch them at home. Funny story: the first time my youngest daughter saw a commercial at her grandma’s house, she was furious because she thought someone had cut into her movie!! Lol
4. I kill plants. . not on purpose, but somehow they always die. The joke in our family is that I’ve even killed succulents. Luckily, my hubby has a green thumb & can make anything grow! (When a student gives me a plant, hubby quickly takes it from me to take care of it!)
9. “You take her!!” “No, you take her!” I was THAT kid who was ALWAYS last to be picked for a PE team & I FAILED the Presidential fitness award in elementary school. However, the older I get, the more physically adventurous I’ve become. To challenge myself, I’ve now done the Camp Pendleton Mud Run twice!!, zip lined in Switzerland & Mexico, parasailed in Bali, and even hit a base run in our 5th grade vs. faculty softball game! Whoo hoo!!
10. Mute: I used to be completely petrified of speaking in front of others. So scared that in 7th grade my best friend, Janet, read my oral report notecards to the class FOR me while I stood silently next to her!! My English teacher told me I’d get points marked off, but not speaking was worth the lower grade! Ironic that my career involves me talking for a living!!
My childhood friends can't believe I'm the same person! Have you ever overcome a fear? What was it?